Do Justly, Love Mercy Walk Humbly
Well I got back to this sooner than I thought I would . Praise God for His provisions of time. This is some of what God has begun to teach me through the scriptures in Micah 6:8.
When God has called you to be a mother and he will provide for all your needs, he will be faithful to give you the strength you need day by day and he will expand you capabilities so that you will accomplish what he has for you to do each day.
Now God says in Isaiah 40: 11 He will feed his flock like a shepherd; he will gather the lambs with his arms and carry them in His bosom and gently lead those who are with young. What a beautiful promise that is. That God will feed us, gather us with His arms carry us in his bosom and gently lead us . These are the verses that I turned to for encouragement when I first had little ones . This picture of our heavenly father feeding us and nurturing us and keeping us close lovingly leading us.
The next group of verses has become very very dear to me over the years and God has taught me so much through them. These are the verses that God impressed upon my heart to share specifically with you.
A number of years ago when I had 5 children under the ages of seven years old a dear respected friend shared something with me that changed the way I looked at training my children. She said Ó I need to be more merciful to my children, because God has been so merciful to me.Ô I began to think about this because I didnÒt think much about being merciful when I was training my children. I was all about teaching them to be obedient But I lost sight of The Why I was teaching them that. Her statement made such an impact on me that I knew that it was something that God wanted me to pay attention to. So as I was reading my Bible I came across these verses which I want to share with you as you begin this journey.
These verses although not specifically directed at parenting are at the heart of how God has put on my heart to try and train up our children
The verses come from Micah 6:8.
He has shown you oh man what is good, and what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
The first thing that popped out at me was the three statements. To do justly, love mercy and walk humbly.
First to Do justly Ö as parent we are called to train our children in the way they should go, part of that is to teach right and wrong where our young children are concernThe the word used here is mispat which means a verdict/pronounce a sentence formally it comes from the word saphat which means to judge for or against /to govern as a parent we govern over things all day long in a variety of waySo. so this made sense to me.
Second we must love mercy Ö mercy is translated from the word hesed. This word refers to loving kindness, steadfast love, grace, mercy faithfulness, goodness and devotion. Wow, we are not only to demonstrate this but to LOVE it. Why because it is a characteristic of God. GodÒs nature is abounding in this mercy ÓHesedÔ Psalm 89 1-14 talk about the loving kindness of the Lord and the mercies of the Lord . God demonstrated His own love toward us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us. If God did this for us how can we not love mercy where our children are concerned. Now mercy can be shown in different ways. One way is by disciplining promptly like our heavenly father sometimes does with us. It is merciful because it can keep them form further trouble or bigger troubGetting getting further away from the Lord) and the second is gently leading them back to the Lord and admonishing them like our heavenly father also does with us when we make a mistake he has mercy on us and teaches us over and over again sometimes. When our children sin we need to correct them and turn them back to the Lord. What an incredible task God has set before us to LOVE mercy.
And finally To walk humbly with our God. How appropriate to end with this for if we arenÃ’t walking humbly how can we do the other two. When we humble ourselves before God, and submit to Him and cast all our cares on Him we draw near to Him and He draws near to us and we can then do the first two. Matthew Henry says we must walk humbly with our God, pleasing to our God conforming ourselves to the will of God, keeping our communion with God, studying His word, every thought brought into obedience to God. When our children see us trying to trust in God and seeking Him in this way in a daily endeavor they learn to seek Him and lean on Him in all times not just the difficult ones Lord willing.
Last I want to share a verse with you that has kept me focused in the midst of seemingly small things of doing the little daily things that donÃ’t seem to be important. It is in Zechariah 4:10 For who has despised the day of small things. Remember to do each day what God has given you to do no matter how small what ever the task. Do all to the glory of God. Again Matthew Henry say about this verse. In GodÃ’s work the day of small things is not to be despised a grain of mustard seed may become a great tree.
This is only the beginning of how God has begun to apply these scripture verses to my life. I hope and pray they encourage you as much as they did me
When God has called you to be a mother and he will provide for all your needs, he will be faithful to give you the strength you need day by day and he will expand you capabilities so that you will accomplish what he has for you to do each day.
Now God says in Isaiah 40: 11 He will feed his flock like a shepherd; he will gather the lambs with his arms and carry them in His bosom and gently lead those who are with young. What a beautiful promise that is. That God will feed us, gather us with His arms carry us in his bosom and gently lead us . These are the verses that I turned to for encouragement when I first had little ones . This picture of our heavenly father feeding us and nurturing us and keeping us close lovingly leading us.
The next group of verses has become very very dear to me over the years and God has taught me so much through them. These are the verses that God impressed upon my heart to share specifically with you.
A number of years ago when I had 5 children under the ages of seven years old a dear respected friend shared something with me that changed the way I looked at training my children. She said Ó I need to be more merciful to my children, because God has been so merciful to me.Ô I began to think about this because I didnÒt think much about being merciful when I was training my children. I was all about teaching them to be obedient But I lost sight of The Why I was teaching them that. Her statement made such an impact on me that I knew that it was something that God wanted me to pay attention to. So as I was reading my Bible I came across these verses which I want to share with you as you begin this journey.
These verses although not specifically directed at parenting are at the heart of how God has put on my heart to try and train up our children
The verses come from Micah 6:8.
He has shown you oh man what is good, and what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
The first thing that popped out at me was the three statements. To do justly, love mercy and walk humbly.
First to Do justly Ö as parent we are called to train our children in the way they should go, part of that is to teach right and wrong where our young children are concernThe the word used here is mispat which means a verdict/pronounce a sentence formally it comes from the word saphat which means to judge for or against /to govern as a parent we govern over things all day long in a variety of waySo. so this made sense to me.
Second we must love mercy Ö mercy is translated from the word hesed. This word refers to loving kindness, steadfast love, grace, mercy faithfulness, goodness and devotion. Wow, we are not only to demonstrate this but to LOVE it. Why because it is a characteristic of God. GodÒs nature is abounding in this mercy ÓHesedÔ Psalm 89 1-14 talk about the loving kindness of the Lord and the mercies of the Lord . God demonstrated His own love toward us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us. If God did this for us how can we not love mercy where our children are concerned. Now mercy can be shown in different ways. One way is by disciplining promptly like our heavenly father sometimes does with us. It is merciful because it can keep them form further trouble or bigger troubGetting getting further away from the Lord) and the second is gently leading them back to the Lord and admonishing them like our heavenly father also does with us when we make a mistake he has mercy on us and teaches us over and over again sometimes. When our children sin we need to correct them and turn them back to the Lord. What an incredible task God has set before us to LOVE mercy.
And finally To walk humbly with our God. How appropriate to end with this for if we arenÃ’t walking humbly how can we do the other two. When we humble ourselves before God, and submit to Him and cast all our cares on Him we draw near to Him and He draws near to us and we can then do the first two. Matthew Henry says we must walk humbly with our God, pleasing to our God conforming ourselves to the will of God, keeping our communion with God, studying His word, every thought brought into obedience to God. When our children see us trying to trust in God and seeking Him in this way in a daily endeavor they learn to seek Him and lean on Him in all times not just the difficult ones Lord willing.
Last I want to share a verse with you that has kept me focused in the midst of seemingly small things of doing the little daily things that donÃ’t seem to be important. It is in Zechariah 4:10 For who has despised the day of small things. Remember to do each day what God has given you to do no matter how small what ever the task. Do all to the glory of God. Again Matthew Henry say about this verse. In GodÃ’s work the day of small things is not to be despised a grain of mustard seed may become a great tree.
This is only the beginning of how God has begun to apply these scripture verses to my life. I hope and pray they encourage you as much as they did me

5 Comments:
At 7:20 PM,
Mrs. R said…
Oh I love this verse! Sometimes I seem to make my walk so complicated and the Lord always brings me back here. Isn't He wonderful! Sounds like He continues to grow you in knowledge of Him!! Oh, yes, and welcome to the blog world! I will try to keep up with you! Mine has been returned from Mr. R but I haven't messed with it lately!
Keep posting!
At 7:21 PM,
Mrs. R said…
Ok, so Mr. R hasn't returned it completely, Mr. R is really Mrs. R or Mom R !!
Lori
At 10:44 AM,
By His Grace said…
Thanks for stopping by Lori! I have checked your blog and was glad to see Dave's mom is doing well!
I am so thankful that the Lord Brings me back to these verses too when I try to over analyze or complicate what he has give me to do! Blessings
At 10:23 AM,
Phillip said…
Beautiful words for a gracious Saviour
At 7:37 AM,
Anonymous said…
I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link
Post a Comment
<< Home