Do Justly, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly

What doth the Lord require but to do justly, love mercy, walk humbly with thy God. (Micah 6:8)

Friday, April 27, 2007

Malachi 3:3 A Refiners Fire

Several years ago a friend emailed this to me and it was a great encouragement to me .
I thought I would put it up here and see what you all thought.

Some time ago a few ladies met to study the scriptures. While reading the 3rd chapter of Malachi they came upon a remarkable statement.

Malachi 3:3
“He shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver.”

One of the ladies decided to visit a silversmith, and report back to the ladies on what he said about the subject. She went accordingly, and with out telling the silversmith the reason for her visit she asked him to tell her about the process of refining silver.

After he had fully described it to her, she asked, “Sir, do you have to watch while the work of refining is going on?” “Oh yes ma’am,” replied the silversmith. “I must sit and watch the furnace constantly, for, if the necessary time for the refining is exceeded in the slightest degree the silver will be injured.”

The Lady at once saw the beauty and comfort of the statement, ‘”He shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver.” God sees it as necessary to put His children into the furnace – but, His eye is steadily intent on the work of purifying and His wisdom and love are both engaged in the best manner for us. Our trials do not come at random, and He will not let us be tempted beyond what we are able to endure.( 1 Corinthians 10:13).

Before she left, the lady asked one final question, “How do you know when the process is finished?” “Oh that’s simple,” replied the silversmith…….”When I can see my own image in the silver, the refining process is complete”

God promises in His word He will be with us wherever we go! (Joshua 1:9)

Hope this encouraged you too!!
By His Grace


I have a longer post coming on A meek and quiet spirit but I am not at peace with what I have right now so it'll have to wait [ God must have some change in mind that I need to make to the post :) ]

4 Comments:

  • At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you for this really encouraging post, Mrs. E! It is a wonderful thought and truth that God is a faithful and kind Heavenly Father.

    This is a truly valuable and God-honouring blog. May the Lord make it and your efforts fruitful!

    I am reading "Personal Declension and Revival of Religion in the Soul" by Octavius Winslow at the moment and came across these incredibly encouraging thoughts much along the same lines as what you have posted here:

    "Not arbitrarily, nor wantonly, nor unnecessarily does the heavenly Father deal with His child;--every stroke of the rod is but the muffled voice of love"

     
  • At 7:44 PM, Blogger By His Grace said…

    Thanks for the encouragement David! I don't have alot of ways to "reach out to people" and witness about what God has done and is doing in my life. This is a way that I can do that and still take care of my family!
    I really appreciate the quote from Octavius Winslow. I have never read any thing by Him. I have to look in to the book! One of my favorite Authors is Matthew Henry.

     
  • At 7:45 PM, Blogger By His Grace said…

    I'll

     
  • At 3:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I would highly recommend Octavius Winslow, Mrs. E. He is very devotional and encouraging! He is incredibly Christ-centered. Matthew Henry and him are of the same mold.

    Would you believe that the very evening that I read this post of yours, I read a VERY similar thought in "Personal Declension"! I hope it blesses you:

    "God will try his own work in the gracious soul; every grace of his own Spirit he will at one time or another place in the crucible; but never will he remove his eye from off it; he will "sit as a refiner," and watch that not a grain of the precious metal is consumed; he will be with his child in all and every affliction; not for one moment will he leave him. Let gratitude rather than murmuring, joy rather than sorrow, attend every test which a loving and faithful Father brings to his own gracious work, - "that the trial of your faith being much more precious than of gold that perishes, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise, and honor, and glory, at the appearing of Jesus Christ."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home