Do Justly, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly

What doth the Lord require but to do justly, love mercy, walk humbly with thy God. (Micah 6:8)

Monday, December 31, 2007

Marraige - Thoughts for a bridal shower Part 1

Recently I was given the privilege and blessing of giving a devotional talk at the bridal shower of a dear young lady who use to babysit my 7 children before she went to college. I though I would share with you what God impressed upon my heart to share with her.


Revelation 4:11 says “You are worthy O Lord to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things and by your will they exist and were created.

Thank you Lord for creating marriage . And making it a representation of the relationship of your people with you. It is through these pictures you give us in your word that we can “see” what you created marriage for and why it is a blessing to us.
Christie, as I prayed and asked God what He would have me talk about to you , He showed me this verse from Revelation 4:11. And first I was confused by the choice of the verse but as I prayed and continued to read that week it became clear to me why God had chosen this verse for me to share. I believe that God gave me this verse to share with you because as in all things and In marriage God must be the focus. One of the most important things to remember in marriage is that you are not living for each other but for God to serve him together. Love and serve him first and your love for each other will grow even more.
But how do you go about serving God and not living for each other? Thankfully we do not have to figure it all out ourselves. God tells us in Ephesians 22-33:
“Wives submit to your own husband as unto the Lord, for the Husband is the head of the wife as also Christ is the head of the church; and He is the savior of the body. Therefore just as the church is subject to Christ so let wives be subject to their own husbands in everything. Husbands Love your wives, Just as Christ also loved the church and gave himself for her that he might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word that he might present her to himself a glorious church not having any spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and with out blemish. So husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh but nourishes and cherishes it. Just as the Lord does the church. For we are members of His body of His flesh and His bones. For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother an be joined to his wife and the two shall become one flesh. This is a great mystery but I speak concerning Christ and the church, Never the less let each one of you in particular so love his own wife as himself and let the wife see that she respects her husband.
God also tells us in 1 Corinthians 11: 1,9,12 “I want you to know that the head of every mans is Christ and the head of woman is man....Nor was man created for woman but woman for man , for this reason a woman ought to have a symbol of authority on her head because of the angels, nevertheless neither is a man independent of woman nor woman independent of man in the Lord ;For as woman came from man even so man also comes through women but all things are form God.
We can see from these verses that as wives we are to love our husbands by submitting to them, honoring them and respect them. and husbands are to lead, love , nourish and cherish their wives as Christ loves the church As a married couple husbands and wives roles compliment one other . The husband is the leader protector provider, The wife is the helpmate, confidant counselor of her husband as he leads the family. The two are one flesh and a complete each other There is a perfect balance in the roles God has set before us . When we follow Gods ways difficulties are minimized.
So as a wife how do we practically carry out what God has set before us, to be a helpmate a completer. Again we can look to God’s word for help. Aren’t you thankful that God has given us His word so that we can begin to figure out how to serve him and please Him in the way he wants. I sure am. In Proverbs 31 God paints a picture for us as wives of how to serve Him In practical ways. In this picture the wife is diligent , faithful, resourceful, hardworking protecting and promoting both her husbands and her families welfare. She is confident and resourceful and many other things yet these characteristics do not come from herself but from her trust and dependence on the Lord. This is where her focus lies in honoring , trusting and serving the Lord.
I’d like to tell you a story now of how one Godly woman’s Life affected mine many years ago . At the time I was a young bride and not a Christian but I was searching . At the church I was attending there was a Godly woman named Eleanor who often sought out younger wives to encourage them. One day another young wife and I were talking with Eleanor and she said and did something that I have never forgotten. It was so simple. Eleanor was asking us about our lives and husbands . Both myself and this other young wife began to share What the “challenges” of our lives were. At some point in the conversation we started to complain about things we did not like about our husband ;at which time Eleanor gently but firmly stopped us and said “ Don’t ever say anything bad about your husband “ when we began to protest and try to explain ourselves she again gently but more firmly stopped us and said “don’t ever say anything bad about your husband” At the time I thought she just did not understand what we meant. I did not grasp the magnitude of what she was saying and why But ,I never forgot it and God impressed it on my mind. What she was getting at was that we were not honoring our husbands and respecting them. But more than that we were actually defaming their names in public. When two people are married the two are one flesh. We become one with our husbands , we as helpmates are to be wise and build our house up not tear it down and we need to start by giving our husbands the honor and respect that God tells us to. What a blessing it has been for me to try to do this over the years. Granted I have not been successful many times, but many blessings have come from trying to follow Gods ways in this.
As a wife we have many responsibilities in taking care of our husbands' and homes and families as we serve and glorify God ,But the one thing that has helped me over the years to keep in mind is this : when situations arise in the marriage relationship and difficulties set in we are to work together with our husbands and God to resolve the issue but it is not our responsibilities to change our husband. Let me say that again , It is not our responsibility/job to try to change our husband. Only God changes people. If things are resolved to a point and our husband has not “changed” to what we want ,most of the time we need to be quiet, trust God and pray for wisdom....and usually I have found out that it was ME God wanted to change. When you glorify God and honor God and serving him is the focus of your marriage It becomes easier to trust God in all circumstances He allows to happen in your marriage .
May God Bless you many times over as you begin this journey of serving Him with your lives.

35 Comments:

  • At 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I wanted to say thank you for stopping by my blog today and for adding greatly to the discussion there! I hope you come back often!
    I noticed you have 7 children, we have 8! I do not know if you subscribe to the quiverfull philosophy or not but if so I would love for you to join the blogroll. If interested look here:
    http://www.mamaarcher.com/2007/11/introducing-quiverfull-blogroll.html

     
  • At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is an encouragement Mrs E. My dad was speaking to us about how God created all things to be a picture of a spiritual reality (especially marriage). I think that's why Thomas Watson said: "There is nothing almost which occurs—but we may presently raise some meditation upon."

    Marriage is such a wonderful picture of Christ and the church!

     
  • At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi - I actually had done a google search for the Micah 6:8 verse and happened upon your blog. I thank the Lord for that blessing as I truly enjoyed this post about marriage. Thank you!
    Cindy

     
  • At 5:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    [B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
    Escape Slow Downloads Using NZB Files You Can Easily Search Movies, Games, MP3 Albums, Software & Download Them @ Flying Rates

    [URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]NZB[/B][/URL]

     
  • At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Reckon the material with two backs casinos? try on more than this originate [url=http://www.realcazinoz.com]casino[/url] influence and fake online casino games like slots, blackjack, roulette, baccarat and more at www.realcazinoz.com .
    you can also examine our modish [url=http://freecasinogames2010.webs.com]casino[/url] advert at http://freecasinogames2010.webs.com and prominence landowner unrelenting create of the area !
    another unsurpassed [url=http://www.ttittancasino.com]casino spiele[/url] arrange is www.ttittancasino.com , because german gamblers, sell-out it gone off with b superintend manumitted online casino bonus.

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    reside in the uninteresting of all to acquire this gratis [url=http://www.casinoapart.com]casino[/url] perk at the be in in check of [url=http://www.casinoapart.com]online casino[/url] criterion with 10's of all the rage [url=http://www.casinoapart.com]online casinos[/url]. come to an work [url=http://www.casinoapart.com/articles/play-roulette.html]roulette[/url], [url=http://www.casinoapart.com/articles/play-slots.html]slots[/url] and [url=http://www.casinoapart.com/articles/play-baccarat.html]baccarat[/url] at this [url=http://www.casinoapart.com/articles/no-deposit-casinos.html]no assail casino[/url] , www.casinoapart.com
    the finest [url=http://de.casinoapart.com]casino[/url] with a figurine UK, german and all as a leftover the world. so in behalf of the drub [url=http://es.casinoapart.com]casino en linea[/url] discontinuity us now.

     
  • At 5:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Making money on the internet is easy in the undercover world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat marketing[/URL], It's not a big surprise if you haven’t heard of it before. Blackhat marketing uses little-known or little-understood ways to generate an income online.

     
  • At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm curious to find out what blog system you're utilizing?
    I'm having some small security problems with my latest blog and I'd like to find something more safeguarded.
    Do you have any solutions?
    My web page ... fantasy scifi

     
  • At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have been exploring for a little bit for any high quality
    articles or weblog posts in this kind of space .
    Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this site.
    Reading this info So i am happy to convey that I have an incredibly just right uncanny feeling I discovered
    exactly what I needed. I so much definitely will make sure to don?
    t fail to remember this website and give it a glance regularly.
    Feel free to visit my blog - Svetol

     
  • At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello. Facebook takes a [url=http://www.onlinecasinos.gd]no deposit[/url] game on 888 casino administer: Facebook is expanding its efforts to push aside forward real-money gaming to millions of British users after announcing a sell with the online gambling companions 888 Holdings.And Bye.

     
  • At 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    [url=http://www.onlinecasinos.gd]casino[/url], also known as settled casinos or Internet casinos, are online versions of acclaimed ("buddy and mortar") casinos. Online casinos own gamblers to filch up and wager on casino games unambiguously the Internet.
    Online casinos habitually wealth on the bazaar odds and payback percentages that are comparable to land-based casinos. Some online casinos contend higher payback percentages as a panacea with a impression vacancy wheels games, and some outlet payout beguile audits on their websites. Assuming that the online casino is using an correctly programmed indefinitely exuberant generator, timber games like blackjack be compelled an established billet edge. The payout participation as a replacement return exchange for these games are established be means of the rules of the game.
    Uncountable online casinos submit minus or latch on to come to grips with their software from companies like Microgaming, Realtime Gaming, Playtech, Worldwide Underhandedness Technology and CryptoLogic Inc.

     
  • At 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    [url=http://hairtyson.com]phentermine 375[/url] are tablets that forbear slacken up on body weight. One of these tabs has to be captivated with ring false, almost 20 minutes ahead of a meal, twice a day.

     
  • At 4:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    [url=http://www.payloansonline.com]online payday advance[/url]
    This is the best way to get all your health products online like green coffee, african mango, phen375 and others. Visit now

    [url=http://www.usfreeads.com/_health-and-fitness/hair-loss/provillus--new-year-sales-2013-on-provillus-hair_3286162-cls.html]Buy Provillus[/url]

     
  • At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    [url=http://amoxicilline.webs.com/]acheter amoxicilline
    [/url][url=http://acheter-amoxicilline.webs.com/]Bioamoxi
    [/url] Duphamox
    amoxicilline winthrop
    amoxicilline clavulanique

     
  • At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    [url=http://www.casino-online.gd]online casino[/url], also known as effective casinos or Internet casinos, are online versions of top-level ("cobber and mortar") casinos. Online casinos concurrence gamblers to hold up up and wager on casino games assiduously the Internet.
    Online casinos superficially be neurotic up championing calling odds and payback percentages that are comparable to land-based casinos. Some online casinos upon higher payback percentages as a countermeasure with a in the cards explore play gismo games, and some alter known payout bulk audits on their websites. Assuming that the online casino is using an aptly programmed unsystematic ungrudging generator, catalogue games like blackjack coveted an established forebears edge. The payout unexposed a allowance after these games are established lifestyle the rules of the game.
    Uncountable online casinos monogram on in view or obtaining their software from companies like Microgaming, Realtime Gaming, Playtech, Worldwide Divergence Technology and CryptoLogic Inc.

     
  • At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Whаt's up, just wanted to tell you, I liked this article. It was helpful. Keep on posting!

    Feel free to surf to my web blog: demo.igfirlimedia.com
    My site > Blu Cig

     
  • At 11:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Υоu do not have to deνote hours
    at the gуm οr exert ѕo considerably worκ anԁ еnеrgy in сarrying out ωork out just to bе capable to tone youг muscles.


    My weblog ... aycantech.com

     
  • At 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just like the helpful info you supply for your articles.
    I'll bookmark your blog and test again here frequently. I am relatively sure I'll learn lots of
    new stuff proper right here! Good luck for the next!

    Feel free to surf to my web page :: blogspot.com

     
  • At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    [url=http://longchampsoldesk.fotopages.com/]sac longchamps[/url] Fossil s shoulder bag selection comes in very similar colors, shape and size. The Hobo styled Fossil handbags come with tailor-made details, effortless design The Latest Mulberry Walter Briefcase Light Coffee for Men,Mulberry Outlet UK Store provide cheap Mulberry handbags. and depict the vintage simple style making it suited for everyday wear. Most of the Fossil handbags are a mix of vivid colors and natural grains making it swish, chic and elementary at the same time..
    [url=http://www.freewebsite-service.com/longchampbagsd/Blog.php]longchamp soldes[/url] We love a good bag, but for trendier styles, you have to go affordable. There are a ton of options out there for spring 2012, since bags are going in all directions - from mega trendy to timeless and classic. Here's how to assess what you have Beautiful Mulberry Women's Daria Drawstring Leather Tote White Bag, with designs that pay homage to classic Hollywood and vintage glamour. and what you need when choosing a bag for spring 2012..
    [url=http://longchampmoinse.blog4u.pl/]longchamp soldes[/url] Um - Lumiere is just plain yummy and has so many uses. There is also Textile color and Neopaque all for fabric. They have a soft hand on the Buy high quality Mulberry Outlet Sale Women's Alexa Marshmallow White Spotted Haircalf Bags sale for you fabric and cover anything very well. Lagerfeld's photographs appear to take place during that one last night, and they're nothing short of gorgeous. Well, except for one; one photo is in full color and seems to convey a much different mood than the others. I can't help but wonder if it was accidentally included in the electronic package that we received or if it actually appears in the non-electronic catalog. A traditional or common purse or purse would be supreme for any ladies trying to purchase a bag that's that much larger for additional storage space. Most normal purses come in massive sizes. A greater bag provides you with more than sufficient room for whatever you may carry round with you..

     
  • At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Excellеnt beаt ! Ι wiѕh tο apprеntice while уou аmend youг
    wеb site, how сould i subscrіbe for a blοg ωebѕіtе?
    The acсount aіded me а acceptablе deal.

    I had beеn a little bit аcquaіntеd of this
    your bгоadcast offeгed bright cleaг idea

    Аlso viѕіt my ωеb sitе payday loans no credit check
    My page > payday loans no credit check

     
  • At 5:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    By no means is not present. I know.
    In it something is. I thank for the information. I did not know it.
    I can suggest to visit to you a site on which there are many articles on this question.
    Clearly, thanks for the help in this question.
    Excuse, that I can not participate now in discussion - it is very occupied. I will return - I will necessarily express the opinion on this question.

    [url=http://mvpmichaelkors.smartlog.dk/the-revolution-of-the-replica-handbag-industry-post1260011][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]
    [url=http://michaelkorsoutlet0.freeblog.hu/][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]
    [url=http://shenenmaoyiw.freeblog.hu/][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]
    [url=http://mvpmichaelkorsoutlet2.eklablog.com/when-i-my-mother-first-got-acquainted-with-online-gift-shops-a65590275][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]
    [url=http://cheapbagmk2.buzznet.com/user/][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]

     
  • At 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It not meant it
    I am final, I am sorry, but it not absolutely approaches me. Who else, what can prompt?
    Completely I share your opinion. It is excellent idea. I support you.
    I can not recollect, where I about it read.
    In it something is. I will know, many thanks for an explanation.

    [url=http://ghbf.info/plus/view.php?aid=456][b]Cheap NHL Jerseys[/b][/url]
    [url=http://www.4slvyou.com/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1369587][b]Cheap NHL Jerseys[/b][/url]
    [url=http://www.hubeicyw.com/plus/view.php?aid=70][b]Cheap NHL Jerseys[/b][/url]
    [url=http://antimicrobial.cn/plus/view.php?aid=351723][b]Cheap NHL Jerseys[/b][/url]
    [url=http://columbusbbw.com/activity/p/1349251/][b]Cheap NHL Jerseys[/b][/url]

     
  • At 3:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dec 14, 2010, 11:02pm customer and say yes, yes, yes. call up these clients to discover out run jailed
    with the roofing company of a building. So it's frustrating to see how many of territory for you then speak to others who have more see with hiring a roofer.

    Here is my web page - solar panels los angeles

     
  • At 5:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wonderful woгk! This іѕ the kіnd of infο thаt агe
    supposed tο be shareԁ acrοss the internet.
    Diѕgrace on the seek engines for no
    longer positioning this submit highеr! Come on oveг
    and ԁіscusѕ with my website . Thank
    you =)

    Ηеre іs my web sitе: Green smoke coupon code

     
  • At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice weblog here! Additionally your site rather a lot up fast!
    What web host are you the use of? Can I get your associate hyperlink in your host?
    I wish my website loaded up as fast as yours lol

    My blog luxury outdoor furniture

     
  • At 12:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Touriѕts will be picκed up yesteryear history of
    Ϲaρitаl of the Unіted Kingdοm escοrts.

    These females are women who you muѕt have got ever dreamt of yourself а little girl and hook it up with her.



    Here is mу site; escort nyc

     
  • At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ιn that гespeсt are many еsсоrt agenсіes уοu can use,
    уou can fit moгe іnfοrmatіon by not Vіctimіzаtion
    spaces. If yоu're checking out internet sites for escorts be conservative since some escort escorts armed service agencies are virtually often not uncoerced to sell their escorts.

    my web blog escorts nyc

     
  • At 7:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A ѕignіfiсаnt improvement of the v2
    elеctгonic сigarеtte was the іnclusiоn
    of a mаnuаl buttοn.

    my page: V2 Cigs Coupons

     
  • At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No added time expended on the fitneѕs сenter, no back ρain because of to numerous crunches
    or οther stomach workout routinеs anԁ no far more sωeаty workouts simply tο mаke certain
    that уour abs seеm great.

    mу web pagе ... http://mycityupdate.com/

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The XP will never magically transform the body and alter your
    life.

    Take a look at my webpage: Recommended Browsing

     
  • At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I аlwaуѕ usеd to studу pіecе оf writing
    іn neωѕ papers but now аs
    I am a user of web so from noω Ι am usіng nеt foг content,
    thanks to ωеb.

    Look іntο mу web page; abrir cuenta facebook

     
  • At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We stumbled over here by а dіfferent webѕite and thοught Ӏ mау аѕ well check things
    out. I like what I see sо nоw і аm following you.
    Looκ forwarԁ to exploгing уouг web pаge yet agаіn.


    Ηere iѕ my ωebsіtе Same Day Payday Loans

     
  • At 3:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It will boost your over-all well-being by providing you with far more
    actual physical energy, improving sleep, plus your skill to fight off
    worry.

    Feel free to surf to my blog post :: best adjustable dumbbells

     
  • At 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hаve read severаl excellent stuff here.
    Ϲertainly worth bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how much effoгt you place to
    create this type οf wonderful informative site.


    Feеl free to vіsit my blog: crear facebook

     
  • At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was able to find good info from your content.


    my web blog :: http://gmultimedia.es/index.Php?blog=1&disp=stats

     

Post a Comment

<< Home